Friday, June 1, 2012

PERFECT DAY (:

First post on my blog (: yay! What better way to start off my blog on a positive note.

Let's begin. So like any other week day I basically started off my day working my graveyard shift from 12-7am at the gym. It's honestly not that bad working during the hours people usually get some beauty sleep, I mean aside from all the other nocturnal-insomniac-like people who don't fall asleep until the birds start to chirp and the sun starts to rise. I always tell people the same thing " If I was at home I would be doing the exact same thing I'm doing now " which is basically rape the internet with random searches, facebook, watch movies online, catch up on tv shows, youtube and of course taking advantage of working at the gym by working out for a few hours. Mind you I get paid for doing all of these things (happy camper) SO my point is, if I'm going to be awake during these hours I might as well be getting paid for it, true? Anyways so yeah quick recap of what I did during my shift: finished watching "School Ties" (which by the way is an awesome movie) I worked out for 2 hours, used the steamroom and then showered, watched "Gridiron Gang" ft. Dwayne 'THE ROCK' Johnson which was also a great movie. I came home to my beloved puppy Cocoa <3 who always seems to drip pee whenever she's overly excited to see someone walk in through the door haha. She's such a cutie though it's hard to get mad at her (damn puppy eyes, gets me all the time). So I played fetch & tug-a-war with her for abit before I took a 3 hour nap. Whenever I wake up from my naps she always seems to be cuddled up beside me haha so damn cute. Anyways I got a call from my cousin Jorde telling me he's paying for my trip to Montral in July and then we caught up a little bit which was really nice considering I don't see/talk to him often. I got ready for the annual alumni volleyball day that always gets held this time of the year. Considering I don't play in a league this is the only time I get to play volleyball. So I met up my friend Philip first and made a quick stop to subway because he was kind of hungry. Finally made it to Marshall after that long uphill walk I used to/still dread walking when going to Marshall. Saw some familiar faces which was great and also saw some new faces too. My goodness the first thing I thought when I stepped into the gym was "damn those white kids are tall as fuck" haha and they're only in grade 11! I got changed and started warming up with some serves just trying to get a good feel of the game before we started. The turn out this year was great! there were 5 teams of 6 and basically the teams were divided into graduating years haha from what I remember there were graduating years of 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Philip and I were the only ones in our graduating year that showed up so we got put in the 2008 team. I remember last year when I was on their team we never won a game, and the result this year was the exact same thing. LUCKY for me I got moved to the 2013 which were basically grade 11 students. They were pretty amazing considering we had 2 tall white dudes and one of them that played for a club. We were undefeated until we played against the OG veterans haha. these guys and this one girl were 27/28 but they looked younger than their age was pretty crazy. We didn't do as bad as we thought we would against them. I think the final score was 25-19 or something close to that. I played poorly that game. For some reason I could not pass the ball properly and they ALL knew I was struggling, so this one guy kept serving it to me and kept getting free points because I kept shanking the ball. It's okay though I redeemed myself by saving the ball from alot of sneaky tips over the tall white boys haha AND amazingly I did not miss a single serve which I'm very proud of. Playoff time. Surprisingly after all those games we were #1 overall. We eliminated our first competitor and we moved on to the finals. With no surprise the 2003 generation ended up winning against their opponent which means we would get a chance to redeem our only loss of the day in the finals. It was a pretty intense game might I add, a couple of hand full of Marshall students watched our game and most of the other volleyball players who lost also watched too. OH and our coach of course watched as well. We started off strong with 6-0 lead and from there we just started to lose momentum. We made silly mistakes as a team and so team 2003 took the lead at 20-19. From there it was all point for point type of game. I was passing the ball much better than our first encounter with this team. Some players from the other team kept trying to serve the ball to me hoping for some free points. But it wasn't going to happen in this game. The next rotation I was in front row on the LEFT SIDE (I'm a RIGHT SIDE person because I'm a lefty) basically we would have to STAY for one pass and then switch to our sides after the ball goes over to the opponent's side. So the opponent served the ball over to our side and we got a good pass to the setter. Next thing you know it the setter makes a perfect set to me and I smashed/Spiked it down hard over 2 tall guys and got us a point. The whole team got amped up and started boosting me and the spectators were going off too haha. As usual I just played it off as if it was nothing but in my head I round-kicked every single persons face in the opponents team haha. It was one of my highlights of the day. the score I believe was 22-22. We lost the next point which made it 22-23. Now the game was scheduled to go up to 25. But you would have to win by 2. It was my serve and the other team made a good play with it and got a really good spike on our side. But I was positioned perfectly to defend the ball and I got what the coach said "the dig of the day" and we ended up winning that point. The whole game was really intense and the score was still neck and neck but finally the game ended and we ended up losing 29-27. Overall it was a really good game on top of a really good day of volleyball. I look forward to the next Alumni Volleyball day next year. Eventhough I had a ton of fun playing volleyball I forgot how much of a workout it was to play haha. pure cardio. I haven't drenched my shirt in sweat in a very long time so it was a pretty good feeling. Anyways I'll finish this post later I have to count my till and inventory at work and then go home...toodles

continued...
hmm where to begin again haha. oh right. I met up my beautiful girlfriend and went to the eatons centre. Walked around and got some starbucks, saw half naked women while waiting in the starbucks line tehe, uhm I went shopping right before I went home and then grabbed subway and caught the 29 bus (: the end.

1 comment:

  1. you just had to mention the half naked girls LOLOL okie but you called me beautiful so its ok! xD

    ReplyDelete